Institute for Applied Mathematics and Information Technologies
IMATI is the Institute for Applied Mathematics and Information Technologies, Organized on three branches:
develop competencies in the applied mathematics and informatics for solving societal and engineering challenges.
- Silvia Bertoluzza
- Luca Caviglione
- Matteo Repetto
- Fabrizio Ruggeri
- Marco Zuppelli (PhD Student)
- Information Hiding:
- stegomalware and mitigation of network covert channels;
- threat-independent detection frameworks (local and network covert channels);
- wavelet and image processing techniques for detecting steganographic contents;
- energy-based anomaly detection algorithms.
- Monitoring and Inspection techniques:
- security issues of virtualized systems and digital services;
- framework for detecting attacks in cloud and complex interplays of APIs;
- detection frameworks based on cloud/edge paradigms.
- Machine Learning:
- adversarial classifiers (e.g., spam detection);
- Bayesian analysis;
- unsupervised/semi-supervised learning for detection and de-anonymizing attacks.
- SIMARGL – Secure Intelligent Methods for Advanced Recognition of Malware and Stegomalware (Grant Agreement No 833042):
- efficient and scalable methodologies for detecting network covert channels and multi-stage loading architecture based on the Invoke-PSImage threat.
- ASTRID – AddreSsing ThReats for virtualIzeD services (Grant Agreement No 786922):
- flexible and efficient inspection mechanisms for virtual services.
- GUARD – a cyber-security framework to GUArantee Reliability and trust for Digital service chains (Grant Agreement No 833456 ):
- new cybersecurity paradigms for building analytics and detection services over multi-domain business chains.
- Criminal Use of Information Hiding (CUIng – cuing.org): founding members and part of the steering committee.
- NATO IST-ET 117 – Data Hiding in Information Warfare Operations.
- Worms Distributed Covert Channel Detection Framework (WoDiCof – https://wodicof.ztt.hs-worms.de).
- PhD Program in Security, Risk and Vulnerability – University of Genova: Board Member and Lecturer.
- Start 4.0 Competence Center (https://www.start4-0.it).